The McPherson Board of Public Utilities is currently accepting applications for the position of Power Plant Maintenance Operator in our Power Plant Operations Department.
Education and Experience Required
-High school diploma
-Technical degree, experience in power plant operations, and basic gas turbine technology preferred
-Thorough knowledge of equipment maintenance, and mechanics
-Working knowledge of mathematics
-Possession of a valid Kansas driver’s license
-Maintain a valid CDL
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Requires shift work.
- Wears BPU approved apparel including uniforms.
- Yard maintenance of utility properties including but not limited to water wells, water towers, substations, and pole yards.
- General upkeep of production department facilities.
- General maintenance of facilities including painting, minor repairs, and cleaning.
- Maintains a valid CDL or is able to obtain one within six months of employment.
- Fills in for Second Operator as requested, which will result in an erratic work schedule.
- Possesses basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding and ability to use SCADA, NISC, and AMI as they relate to operation of the water and electric systems.
- Has basic understanding of gas turbine, electric transmission and distribution, and water production and distribution operations.
- Performs all tasks assigned to operators in the Company’s Operations Procedures.
- Acknowledges some adverse working conditions may exist, including but not limited to exposure to hazardous chemicals, work in confined spaces, heights, heavy machinery, excessive noise, and all types of weather conditions.
- Performs manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy objects, bending, kneeling, climbing, and operates departmental equipment.
- Operates vehicles and equipment in a safe manner and within the regulations of all federal, state, and local laws.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations adopted by the Utility.
- Participates in training sessions regarding plant operations.
- Paid on-call duty.
- Cleans plant as required when standing shift.
In addition to a completed application, applicants will need to submit a current resume with references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note: A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the application form. A fillable application form can be found at www.mcphersonpower.com under About the BPU, Careers tab. The completed application and resume should be submitted to email@example.com
The McPherson Board of Public Utilities is an equal opportunity employer.