Manager Environmental Compliance & Safety
McPherson Board of Public Utilities provides safe, dependable water and electric services to the residents and industry of McPherson and the surrounding area.
This position of Manager Environmental Compliance & Safety will report directly to the general manager and assistant general manager of the BPU. Any person employed in this position shall reside within the designated residency limits of McPherson.
A high school diploma is required; supplemented with experience in environmental compliance and/or safety. Experience in public contact work and record keeping is preferred. Previous training and experience in the field of environmental compliance and/or safety is preferred.
- Ensure the utility complies with all state and federal environmental regulations
- Submittal and recordkeeping of all state and federal environmental regulations
- Recordkeeping of hazardous waste materials and documentation of waste disposal
- Recordkeeping and monitoring of drug and alcohol testing
- CPR/First Aid annual training. The director will be required to retain CPR/First Aid instructor status.
- Present monthly safety programs to each department of the BPU
- Manages utility’s safety programs
- Enforces and develops safety programs
- Daily contact with employees is essential and will require both verbal and written communication skills.
- Oversees power plant emission monitoring and reporting equipment.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of techniques, equipment, and terminology
- Basic computer skills
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with associates, employees of other departments, representatives of outside agencies and the public
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Adverse working conditions may exist within this position. Exposure to lifting heavy equipment, working in confined space, heights, and weather conditions can be expected.
- Accident sites or confined spaces must be visually inspected which may require walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, or stooping to access.
- This position may require occasional work after-hours, weekends, and/or holidays.
***The specific statements shown in this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.